i am still in no man's land as far as deciding what the future holds for saints...does it stay with me or move past me?...just waiting to see which way we are heading....i may be waiting awhile because these kind of things are not decided overnight.
anyway..in the interm...it is time to update my will again. i have decided to do a new temporary one to cover the next 4 years (this would be when i am eligible for early retirement from my paid job)...by then i should know if saints is on the road to eventually without me and i can decide on my next permanent will.
there is no doubt that this type of long term care rescue requires a fair amount of careful thought and planning into many things...not only for the animals in our care now, today...but also the ones we have placed in permanent homes that may one day need us again.
so my job is to ensure that the appropriate safety nets for past and present saints are in place before something totally unexpected happens to me.
i will tell you tho, the worse case scenario is not if i suddenly die...it will be if i become totally incapacitated...death i can plan for..insurence is a wonderful thing. but incapacitation means just a disabilty pension...probably not good enough coverage for here i think.
so if given a choice, i pick death over being a vegetable for 30 years..i think that would be disasterous for saints right now.
don't i just think of the most morbid things?????
well someone has to..i really can't leave these guys hanging without a fail-safe back up plan.