Rescue Journal


Carol  ·  Oct. 23, 2013

I am a little more active then I planned on today. angel is really not well. I took her into the vets, she is in ketoacidosis again. so now I need to decide on the treatment options. my gut says there is some big stuff going on underneath..the bloodwork will not be back until tomorrow to confirm or deny this, her bloodwork in may showed some liver issues. she currently needs 24hr fairly intensive medical monitoring and treatment which means transferring her to emergency tonight.

I do not want angels last night to be spent in emergency receiving aggressive medical treatment. she is blind and she is afraid of anyone holding her except for me. I do not want to give up too soon either if she can feel well again with that aggressive medical treatment.

I left her at our vets, on IVs, getting insulin and bloodsugar checks every hour. I will go back at the end of the day. if she has somewhat stabilized or shown any improvement, I will move her over to emergency for the night so her treatment can continue. if however she has not improved at all, I think I might decide to let her go.

I love this dog and I hate guessing which way is the right way to go.