This post is not about the SAINTS animals, but one of my own, the experience left me drained & exhausted today .
Last night I was visiting a friend who I have dinner with at least once a week , my dogs love it there & I walk his dogs regularly with mine. I went to go to the bathroom & Levi, who is one of those dogs, that no matter how many times I go into that tiny room, follows me in because a) he thinks there is a trap door & I'm going to leave without him or b) he knows that this is a great time to get some good loving while Mom is seated & has nothing else to do with her hands , other than pet & scratch him behind his ears or rub his belly. Last night was different.. it took a moment for me to realize he had his head behind the toilet & was sniffing or eating something, when I pulled him back and looked, what I saw made my stomach sink. There was a small saucer and on it, were 7 or 8 pellets that I recognized as rat poison . To make a long story short.. I really had no idea if he ate what was there..or was just sniffing the left overs. I called Carol & she told me what I already knew ( i think I just needed to tell someone ) he had to go in. Poor little Levi was so happy to go into the clinic & see the people .. until we headed for the exam room..the brakes went on , & I had to carry him in. We induced vomiting & after 10 minutes or so , I headed home.
I could not sleep all night & cried several times , simply out of fear of what may have happened. I was late for work this morning & left early because I needed to be with my furbabies. We went for a long walk on the dyke and both Levi & Roxie were the happy go lucky pair they always are, my tension finally left & was replaced with the overwhelming love I have for all of my gang. It was a scary moment in time & my friend has promised not to put out any more poison.
It made me think how often Carol must have very scary moments & I need to learn how to handle these moments better. Thanks for being there for me Carol.