nnnnnnooooooo...nnnnnnnoooooo...two freaking little letters strung together and stretched out to make it last for a long time.
i have said no so many times over the past few weeks...BUT.... i said yes..four freaking times in the past 24 hours. geez i really do suck.
yes to the 12 yr old boston with cancer that used to be angel's very best friend. as with blind, diabetic, incontinent angel a couple of months ago, the family is again in conflict over the care and cost of a sick little dog. they have elected to send him here to be with angel for the time he has left.
yes to the 3 yr old brittany who is a bit of a nutbar handful...he was on thin ice with his family anyway and then he developed pancreatitis. they discussed possible euthanization with the vet but have decided to send him to saints instead.
i did say yes to the 6 month old pitbull with the progressively bilaterally deformed front legs. but the family has since changed their minds because he seemed better again....what happens if he deteriorates further?...not sure, but we might hear from him again. i hope they do the surgery but in any case, for now he is not coming here.
and then there is the 12 or 14 yr old incontinent arthritic lab..his incontinence is a big problem. i spoke at length to them 6 weeks ago and suggested pain meds may have a real positive effect of his incontinence and to go back to the vet..it is hard to get up and "go" when it hurts to get up at all. another call today...can we take him yet?...hmmm...did he get to the vet?...no...gee that no was easy.
well sure, yes then, we'll take him but not til mid/or the end of june. so could the family please take him to the vet and get his pain under control while he waits?? they said ok, but they don't think pain meds will fix his incontinence..maybe, maybe not, but i bet he will feel better anyway. and if it does help his incontinence, maybe he won't lose his home.
so out of 4, 3 are coming and 2 are coming really soon. the spaniel needs medical treatment and the boston might benefit from some extra medical quality of life things too. i have no idea what has happened to all of the others i actually said the word no to but i feel bad for them all. oh and i have not forgotten the anxiety ridden BJ at the end of may..but i said yes to him before i started practicing with the no word.
and the good news is...colleen is very interested in lucy. we will wait for a few of weeks before doing a trial because they are going to be out of the country for a family thing. when they come back, lucy can go for a sleepover....yay lucy, yay colleen. (glad colleen has trouble with the word no too!)
and speaking of...whatever...laura and lana, i don't suppose, you guys are thinking of les, are you?