Rescue Journal

another worry

Carol  ·  Sep. 21, 2013

I noticed a mass on odies chest about a week ago, I have not taken him into the vet because he is such an utter nightmare to vet. so I decided to start him on antibiotics. I figured if it got better, it was an infection and if it did not then I could start to worry. well it has not gotten has just gotten bigger and today it started breaking down and bleeding.

I bet that thing is a fast growing malignant tumor, it does not look the least like an abcess to me. this freaking well sucks because tumor or abcess, it needs surgery. I am not sure he will allow us to treat him for wound care following surgery. well actually I am sure..i KNOW he will not let us...been there, tried it before.

I guess I need to call the vet and see if I can knock him out with sedation and bring him in for a check.

and let me tell you something about this dog...30 times a month at least, I wish he was not here. but thinking that this might be the end of the road for him...scares the crap out of me. I love him equally as much as he drives me insane. it is just one of those kind of pain in the ass relationships that mean so much to me.

please be an abcess..I will figure out some way to provide wound care for you post surgically until it heals and goes away.



oh yes as much as he is a pain in the ass hes saints pain in the ass and would be greatly missed. he has such an utterly sweet face, just dont piss him off. lol heres hoping odie.